News

moodlite - Coming soon

I'm stuck at 5 tiles.

telani · 549

telani

• View Profile
on: February 11, 2019, 07:25:51 AM
So, currently I've got 8 tiles built. They're all the v2 with a single LED per corner, nothing too fancy.

No matter how I arrange them, I can't seem to get past 5 tiles. Plugging in a sixth tile results it in staying off. If I take that sixth tile and move it to the first tile in the line, it works fine, but the old 5th tile (now #6) turns off. All of the tiles function perfectly in groups of 5 or less, so I'm not sure what's going on. In the software I've tried changing the LED #s, changing brightness, pattern, I'm kind of at a loss here. I assume it has to be a software issue, but I'm not sure what would be causing it since I'm using the 2.0 software. I'm using a 4A power supply.

marky

• View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 07:39:31 AM
I fell like you just need to change the number of led on the web interface. Have you try that ?

telani

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 07:47:26 AM
Yup, I've changed the number of LEDs, LEDs per corner, brightness, basically every setting.

telani

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 08:33:13 AM
I think I figured it out!

I was noticing some weirdness with the web ui, so I uncommented the lines to erase the EEPROM and SPIFFS and tried again. This time it seems to be actually storing the settings I give it through the web ui, and I'm successfully using more than 5 tiles.

SimonSplat

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 02:40:13 PM
As per Telanis post I managed to get mine working as below:

I had this issue but managed to fix it by changing the following code:

Code: [Select]

// --- Uncomment to reset ---
// Erase EEPROM
//eraseEEPROM();
// Erase SPIFFS
//eraseSPIFFS();

to

Code: [Select]
// --- Uncomment to reset ---
// Erase EEPROM
eraseEEPROM();
// Erase SPIFFS
eraseSPIFFS();

Then uploading both the firmware (Upload button) and then the SPIFFS/Sketch (Tools -> ESP8266 Sketch Data Upload)

After setting the code BACK to the original (with the lines commented out as in the first code excerpt) re-uploading both firmware and SPIFFS/Sketch as above.

I had both the USB plugged in as well as the DC power (not sure this makes any difference) and after doing the wifi settings can change the config in the web interface and the values persist and can use more than 1 tile/3 LED's

YMMV!

SimonSplat

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk