News

moodlite - Coming soon

Web interface

Johnnyfive · 608

Johnnyfive

• View Profile
on: May 04, 2019, 08:57:00 PM
Hello i am having trouble with the website interface. I followed the instructions step by step on uploading the files to the nodemcu. I have saved a screenshot what I get on my phone and pc

Thanks Jonathan
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 08:20:06 AM by Johnnyfive »

mar_robHD

• View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 12:09:54 PM
You must upload the SPIFFS files. Read the docs

spooky3do

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 01:11:25 PM
Hi everyone,

my version looks the same even after uploading the  SPIFFS  file.   Part of it works: i can set a couple of patterns and colors. But for example i cannot change the number of leds per corner or the total number of leds nor my wifi settings nor the brightness.

I tried hardcoding the number of leds which obviously works but i think that the software should be able to handle updates to these variables as i saw the code handling these updates ... they are just not being called.

Attached please find the proof that i uploaded the SPIFFS files and how my ui looks in a browser i can confirm that i read whatever document that i could find and tried searching the forum for a post regarding my issue.. this one was the closed i could find  and the suggestion to upload the SPIFFS files does not seem to help in this case unless i did it wrong somehow.

Kind Regards

David

spooky3do

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 06:37:57 PM
Hi everyone,

i tinkered around a little with the program and the javascript files (mainly debugging)

I was able to get the first page of settings to work "mostly"   I can change brightness and speed now as well as some of the patterns

Here is what i changed in the Moodlite_2019_04_28_V3.0\Moodlite\Arduino\Moodlite\data\js\main_form.js

The second page still does not do anything for me and i cannot change the number of leds and other things but  since i already hardcoded these  i guess i can live with the current state. althogh most of the color selections still make it crash.

rewriting the whole thing is not an option because of the efford involved .. and maybe some day someone will point me to a fix so my little workaround is no longer necessary.

Kind Regards

David

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk