News

moodlite - Coming soon

V3.0 Web Interface wont come up/unresponsive after setting SSID

devsfan1830 · 1053

devsfan1830

• View Profile
Not sure if there's a bug in the code or i have a faulty HiLetgo 2pcs ESP8266 NodeMCU. So after flashing with the arduino code and uploading the SPIFFS data and power cycling the unit doesnt show up in my available wifi AP list. So i do the eeprom reset and it works. I then set the SSID and password of my own AP and powercycle. In my routers DHCP table I see Moodlite there. But when I connect to its IP, it get ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT from chrome. Edhe loads nothing. My iPhone (Safari) loads nothing. This is after it one time briefly worked displaying the first settings but never fully loading. Couldnt switch tabs either. Now nothing loads. Just times out. Worth noting that it all initially worked perfectly with the other NodeMCU in the pair. Except i ended up frying THAT one due to reversing the polarity when i soldered on the DC jack. So leads me to believe that despite me being able to flash and setup the SSID, this board is somehow faulty but is that even possible?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 02:15:15 PM by devsfan1830 »

elmuchacho

• View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 10:33:41 AM
Flashed last night and got the same problem. Compiled and Upload successful than it connect to the Wifi network as I can see it on the router ui and it respond to ping from cmd. I had to change the static IP address as my router ip range was not within the 192.168.100.250 so maybe that is the problem

I try to enable DEBUG_ON but nothing log in the serial monitor when I upload the wifi setting however it log something when I upload eraseEEPROM command

mar_robHD

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 12:11:55 PM
It crashed sometimes the new version is very bugy.

devsfan1830

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 05, 2019, 01:36:21 PM
It was late when i first posted so didnt think to enable debug so I just did now. Interface sluggishly loaded the main page. However, none of the tabs will load. Just sits at the main page. If i reload the webpage, it often goes black. This is it stuck loading side by side with the serial monitor output:

No clear error message. Just a sluggish as hell webpage.

Edit: Just flashed back to 2.0 and it seems to work much better.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 01:40:17 PM by devsfan1830 »

ARN

• View Profile
I had similar problems at the beginning, did Erase EEPROM and Erase SPIFFS.
Went over the whole proccess again and figured out it was my fault, I forgot to upload the new sketch to the ESP8266 board step.

devsfan1830

• View Profile
I had similar problems at the beginning, did Erase EEPROM and Erase SPIFFS.
Went over the whole proccess again and figured out it was my fault, I forgot to upload the new sketch to the ESP8266 board step.

Dont think that was it. I was using a clean board. Did erase both anyways then uploaded the sketch followed by the data folder. Did that multiple times. Still unresponsive until i went with 2.0.

mar_robHD

• View Profile
Same

marky

• View Profile
same problem on my set up running v2.0 iv erase all eeprom and re-try twice...
it does work on my other set up of moodlite on an other project.

ARN

• View Profile
I got V3 working, I really like the new patterns and additions.

But it seems is a little bit glitchy.
I have problems setting changes on manual power on/off, I set a schedule so it is on while we are awake during the night, but is not nice to know some of the control we used to have is not working right.

JoteX

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 15, 2019, 12:30:59 AM
Flashed last night and got the same problem. Compiled and Upload successful than it connect to the Wifi network as I can see it on the router ui and it respond to ping from cmd. I had to change the static IP address as my router ip range was not within the 192.168.100.250 so maybe that is the problem

I try to enable DEBUG_ON but nothing log in the serial monitor when I upload the wifi setting however it log something when I upload eraseEEPROM command

this worked for me, i changed the defaults ip from 192.168.100.250 to 192.168.100.50 and worked! thanks

3dprinterman

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 10, 2019, 09:23:01 AM
Same problem with manual power on/off would not do anything very slow not saving settings

I got V3 working, I really like the new patterns and additions.

But it seems is a little bit glitchy.
I have problems setting changes on manual power on/off, I set a schedule so it is on while we are awake during the night, but is not nice to know some of the control we used to have is not working right.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk