on: April 28, 2019, 05:46:19 PM

Dennisch

• View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 08:32:30 PM
It will be a OTA update? :)

tadrow

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 02:25:32 AM
In the onEvent function, I'm sort of curious about the line data[len] = 0;  It seems like you're writing to a buffer that the callback function doesn't own, and also specifically writing past the end of the buffer.  That code was eventually causing a crash every time I tried to change a value.  I modified the code to use ByteString which looks like it was made for this purpose and everything worked fine.  I'm not sure why more people aren't seeing this crash, but to my eye, that code is definitely dangerous.

kino90

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 05, 2019, 01:54:30 AM
I will update mine soon.. is this fixed on github?

mar_robHD

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 12:29:51 PM
In the onEvent function, I'm sort of curious about the line data[len] = 0;  It seems like you're writing to a buffer that the callback function doesn't own, and also specifically writing past the end of the buffer.  That code was eventually causing a crash every time I tried to change a value.  I modified the code to use ByteString which looks like it was made for this purpose and everything worked fine.  I'm not sure why more people aren't seeing this crash, but to my eye, that code is definitely dangerous.
What is your code now? Can you post it here?

ARN

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 01, 2019, 06:54:50 PM
First of all, thank you for the release, I love it, the new patterns are great, the UI is simple but nice.
I think I am finding some abnormal behavior.
It didn't let my wife's phone to turn manually on/off, it just didn't get the action.
After a few days of use, it stopped accepting changes form my phone and then computer.
I was able to turn on/off using an incognito tab, but after a few uses, it is no longer working.

If there is anything I can do to debug the behavior just let me know, I'd love to help improve this wonderful project.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk