News

moodlite - Coming soon

Problem compiling - lots of errors!

adamfowle · 191

adamfowle

• View Profile
on: June 05, 2019, 02:32:58 PM
Hi, I've prepared everything as explained in Lord Vader's post but I am getting lots of compilation errors. I've read through the other threads on here but can't seem to find analogous problems/solutions.
Hoping somebody can point me in the right direction :-)
I'm using Arduino IDE 1.8.9 and the ESP board linked to from this site.
My errors are:
Arduino: 1.8.9 (Linux), Board: "NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E Module), 80 MHz, Flash, 4M (1M SPIFFS), v2 Lower Memory, Disabled, None, Only Sketch, 115200"

Build options changed, rebuilding all
WARNING: library Timezone claims to run on (avr) architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board which runs on (esp8266) architecture(s).
In file included from /home/adam/Desktop/Moodlite/Moodlite-master/Arduino/Moodlite/Moodlite.ino:31:0:
/home/adam/Arduino/libraries/FastLED/FastLED.h:14:21: note: #pragma message: FastLED version 3.002.001
 #    pragma message "FastLED version 3.002.001"
                     ^
In file included from /home/adam/Arduino/libraries/FastLED/FastLED.h:65:0,
                 from /home/adam/Desktop/Moodlite/Moodlite-master/Arduino/Moodlite/Moodlite.ino:31:
/home/adam/Arduino/libraries/FastLED/fastspi.h:110:23: note: #pragma message: No hardware SPI pins defined.  All SPI access will default to bitbanged output
 #      pragma message "No hardware SPI pins defined.  All SPI access will default to bitbanged output"
                       ^
/home/adam/Arduino/libraries/Time-master/DateStrings.cpp: In function 'char* monthStr(uint8_t)':
/home/adam/Arduino/libraries/Time-master/DateStrings.cpp:76:66: error: 'strcpy_P' was not declared in this scope
     strcpy_P(buffer, (PGM_P)pgm_read_word(&(monthNames_P[month])));
                                                                  ^
/home/adam/Arduino/libraries/Time-master/DateStrings.cpp: In function 'char* dayStr(uint8_t)':
/home/adam/Arduino/libraries/Time-master/DateStrings.cpp:90:61: error: 'strcpy_P' was not declared in this scope
    strcpy_P(buffer, (PGM_P)pgm_read_word(&(dayNames_P[day])));
                                                             ^
exit status 1
Error compiling for board NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E Module).

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Many thanks in anticipation! Adam

spooky3do

• View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 06:45:04 PM
Hi Adam,

some of the messages are normal.

Hoewever it looks like you did not include all libraries

Can you please check

https://github.com/spigotx/Moodlite/wiki/Preparing-Arduino-IDE

and add or maybe re-add those that are missing ?

spooky3do

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 06:57:14 PM
I also found this page about progmem and the ESP8266.

https://arduino-esp8266.readthedocs.io/en/latest/PROGMEM.html

adamfowle

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 12:22:01 PM
Hi, thank you ever so much for replying :-)
I have previously tried what you suggested but I'll uninstall and try all again from scratch.
I'll let you know how it goes!
Adam

AcariBear

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 03:25:17 PM
Having the same issue, receiving this error message upon compiling:

WARNING: library Timezone claims to run on (avr) architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board which runs on (esp8266) architecture(s).
In file included from C:\Users\Morgan Watson\Downloads\3D Printing\To Print\Moodlite\Moodlite V3.0\Moodlite\Arduino\Moodlite\Moodlite.ino:31:0:

C:\Users\Morgan Watson\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:14:21: note: #pragma message: FastLED version 3.002.009

#    pragma message "FastLED version 3.002.009"

^

In file included from C:\Users\Morgan Watson\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:65:0,

from C:\Users\Morgan Watson\Downloads\3D Printing\To Print\Moodlite\Moodlite V3.0\Moodlite\Arduino\Moodlite\Moodlite.ino:31:

C:\Users\Morgan Watson\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/fastspi.h:115:23: note: #pragma message: No hardware SPI pins defined.  All SPI access will default to bitbanged output

#      pragma message "No hardware SPI pins defined.  All SPI access will default to bitbanged output"

^

Sketch uses 407748 bytes (39%) of program storage space. Maximum is 1044464 bytes.
Global variables use 37248 bytes (45%) of dynamic memory, leaving 44672 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 81920 bytes.
error: Failed to open COM11
error: espcomm_open failed
error: espcomm_upload_mem failed

I have reinstalled all libraries and tried different versions of libraries and also ESP8266 board library. This error occurs for both Moodlite V2 and the new V3

AcariBear

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 04:16:05 PM
I have since tried to flash repeatedly using different micro USB cables, different ports on my PC, and tried with a fresh NodeMCU 1.0 and fresh installed the libraries onto the IDE. Still no luck and it will not open to port...

This is really strange, as I wasn't getting any errors previously and I've reflashed the software a dozen times without hassle, just in the last two weeks something has changed and it will no longer work.

Any assistance would be amazing :)

spooky3do

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 08:10:41 PM
Hi

looks like reinstalling worked

The errors really state that everything is working as usual .. they are just warnings...

The only important part is

error: Failed to open COM11
error: espcomm_open failed

and that looks like  you set a port that does not belong to your board or you have another software running that occupies the port.  Like putty.   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk