News

moodlite - Coming soon

Building a Prusa MK3 Clone...

CdRsKuLL · 4544

Primoz_2

• View Profile
Reply #45 on: May 15, 2019, 03:30:57 AM
Tnx for the repply. I notice when i upload your Firmware when it do the selftest i get the error that the Front Fan isn't spinning, but it is :/ and i can't continue the wizzard. I notice this on original Firmwares from prusa too. Just one (i don't remember the version..i think it's 1.5.0 or something) that the fan test was ok. When did you buy ensy board u just upload the Latest Firmware from prusa and the wizzard worked? Or u have the same problem? I order now ensy board from Amazon..i asume it's the board problem.

CdRsKuLL

• The Fat Dude
  • Administrator
  • Lighting the way...
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: May 15, 2019, 06:23:39 AM
Hi, yes it asks if the fan is spinning.. BUT it first asks you if the extruder fan is spinning which you answer NO, then it asks you if the front fan is spinning and you answer YES. I'm guessing you answered YES to the first question and it failed.

The firmware was only compiled a couple of days ago and I the very latest one. 3.7.1

Give it another go answering correctly and let me know :-)

Thanks,

Steve

Moodlite is a completely free open source project.
If however you would like to say thanks and help contribute to this site, or just buy me a beer then please donate below. :-)

smaching

• View Profile
Reply #47 on: June 07, 2019, 01:02:42 PM
Hi CdRsKuLL

Thanks for sharing your workaround here.  I've just built a custom prusa mk3 with a bear frame and seem to be having the same issue as you.  I've tried everything I possibly can to make sure everything is aligned per the instructions but cannot get the XYZ calibration to pass.  The best I've managed is to get the first two points to clear, the third always fails. 

I was wondering, when you adjusted the values in xyzcal.cpp and mesh_calibration.cpp, how do you translate the first set of coordinates to the second set?  One seems to be an integer and the other a float, and with different measurement systems?  I couldn't figure out how to make them match.  Would be grateful if you could share any thoughts.

CdRsKuLL

• The Fat Dude
  • Administrator
  • Lighting the way...
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: June 07, 2019, 02:28:44 PM
Hi, 

I got the values by just trial and error. You need to link it to a PC and watch the communication when it's scanning for the points. It also might be a case that you need to lower your pinda probe.  You can see what point locations are being generated and searched for and I then put this back into the firmware until it's right...

The other thing that might need adjusting is your steps.  If your steps are off your XYZ will fail as it will be moving the wrong amount.  so.. you can check your steps by say moving the X axis 100mm and seeing how far it actually moves. 

Let me know how you get one,

Steve

Moodlite is a completely free open source project.
If however you would like to say thanks and help contribute to this site, or just buy me a beer then please donate below. :-)

Parky

• View Profile
Reply #49 on: November 08, 2019, 08:12:21 AM
Hey where do you get the stepper motors on the Z axis?

Nice work :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk