News

moodlite - Coming soon

Leds blink when power > 1 amps

SK0UB · 388

SK0UB

• View Profile
on: March 29, 2020, 08:14:14 PM
Hello,

I'm using a 5 tiles 3 led per corners setup, so 45 led with a 1 amps power unit.

I can see a power drop on the endings led.

So I've tried to use a 3 amps and a 5 amps power unit, but when I use more than 1 amps power unit my led start to blink with multiples colors over the normal pattern.

I'm confused and don't know why this happen, I've the capacitor and the resistance on the electric setup.

Thank's for your help.  :)

SK0UB

• View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 09:29:39 AM
Update : I've tested everything related to electronic (power supply, connectors, cables...) It seem that the problem come from the data pin of the board, like the high amperage create interference and can when amp > 3 create a blackout in this pin.

I'm using the chip with the rectangular microchip near the micro usb port and I think that's why I'm the only one with this problem.

Does somebody have a solution for this problem or am I  forced to buy the chip with the square microchip ?

Thanks, SK0UB.

mannymiller

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 04:50:42 AM
its quite simple... not enough amps... you can run safely 10 leds from a usb 2 amp supply running full white. 1 amp id not enough, you will need a good 5amp + power supply

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk