News

moodlite - Coming soon

What now?

Cotton728 · 1701

Cotton728

• View Profile
on: April 22, 2020, 08:13:21 PM
I was able to successfully upload the sketch, and I now see moodlite listed in available networks.  I entered the web address (192.168.100.250) into my browser, and it will not load the page.  What did I do wrong, or what am I missing?  Thank you in advance for any help that you can offer.

NickNonsense

• View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 05:21:47 PM
Are you and the esp on the same network when you try to connect?

Cotton728

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 04:00:11 AM
That may be where I am stuck.  I see in the first version of the moodlite.ino, you changed your network information prior to flashing the sketch.  I din't see that step listed in the github guide.  Do I need to change any network settings in the ino prior to flashing?  I did the uncomment erase Eprom step and that helped make the moodlite visible in my network options.  Thanks again for your help, I've been 3d printing for a couple of years, but new to coding.

NickNonsense

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 24, 2020, 11:08:16 AM
Same, my coding skills are as basic as copy and paste and google whenever an error arises.

I used V3. Reading the forums V2 seems like to goto version to make sure everything works, easiest to get working it seems, reading these forums.

When you first see the moodlite wifi are you connecting to it and setting up your wifi name and password so it connects to your home network? After that, you should see in your router's list of devices with its IP address and should be able to navigate to that address when both you and the esp are on the same network. The trouble I had after this was that I didn't flash the webserver properly on the board. The board requires that you flash the sketch and the webserver.

I never changed any network settings in the sketch, I only enter my network name and password after connecting the moodlite wifi

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk