News

moodlite - Coming soon

Better Diffusion+More LED's

Bandanam4n · 548

Bandanam4n

• View Profile
on: December 31, 2018, 10:50:52 PM
Hello!

I'm currently working on improving diffusion of the light and adding light power to the inside.

1)Better Diffusion - I'm going to try to tackle this with 2 methods: A) Frosted Acrylic. Simple .1" sheet w/ a frosting spray similar to privacy glass. This effect could probably be made with a translucent acrylic pane, but this is what I was able to source locally. B) Angled Down LED's. I changed the design of the Diffusion, By keeping them farther back than stock and angling them down away from the pane, I think I'll be able to get much better diffusion as the light will be forced to bounce before exiting the module. If this isn't bright enough, some aluminum tape will likely do wonders.

2) I'm also going to be going for 3 LED's per side vs 1. more LED's, more light. This may also help with diffusion ,as there will be more sources. In the future, I could (should) experiment with putting these on a curve to make sure they shine good and everywhere.

I purchased 144LED/M led strips, which should allow me to fit 3 LED's per side. This will also mean I have to update the code to account for the #'s of lights per unit, so I'll work on that as well.
P

I'll probably update this post with more information as I get humming.

Bandanam4n

• View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 02:23:40 AM
I have a small vlog
where I talk about my changes! I plan on posting updates when i have them.

I'll be working now to change the angle of the lighting to optimize.

My thickening of the top to add in a drop-in light effect worked pretty darn well. I'll be continuing with this strategy.

Bandanam4n

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 04:22:57 AM
Update Vlog

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk