Possibly new tile bottom - Shallow version

CdRsKuLL · 734

CdRsKuLL

• The Fat Dude
  • Administrator
  • Lighting the way...
    • View Profile
on: January 01, 2019, 09:56:26 PM
Spigot requested a shallow version which I've done. Looking at it I think it's a good idea. I'll print one out overnight and compare it to the current version. If it doesn't really make much difference then I will be swapping to this version going forward as it will save on print time / filament but it might also allow easier placement of a diffuser type material if needed..

Will update tomorrow

Moodlite is a completely free open source project.
If however you would like to say thanks and help contribute to this site, or just buy me a beer then please donate below. :-)

shfaxx

• View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 11:58:58 PM
Has anyone tried using reflective metal tape in the v1 base plate?  Seems that would help bouce the light to the entire panel and give a more even glow.

LordVader

• moodlite Developer
  • I find your lack of faith disturbing!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 02:49:54 PM
Happy to hear your results as I planned to print the first tile today.

Zekrod

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 08:39:13 PM
Awesome Project, Im looking to build one for my daughter, Just a question, Have you ever tried the tile bottom completly flat like the original? so the light can travel to the other side freely? even I was thinking on putting some reflective film on the side walls so it can dristribute the light a little bit more?

spigot

• Global Moderator
  • There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 02:40:26 PM
Spigot requested a shallow version which I've done. Looking at it I think it's a good idea. I'll print one out overnight and compare it to the current version. If it doesn't really make much difference then I will be swapping to this version going forward as it will save on print time / filament but it might also allow easier placement of a diffuser type material if needed..

Will update tomorrow

I was able to print this tile much sooner than expected. I have 4 LEDs (some garbage that I have left from other project) in each corner, but 5 would be better  :D

LordVader

• moodlite Developer
  • I find your lack of faith disturbing!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 02:45:33 PM
Nice! What about a look into the inside?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk