News

moodlite - Coming soon

Errors uploading to NodeMCU

kellogg76 · 2167

kellogg76

• View Profile
Reply #15 on: January 08, 2019, 10:17:54 PM
Never had any iffy NodeMCU's till today. And I have some of those little guys here at my home for various applications.

Try switching the baud rate in the serial monitor and press reset on the NodeMCU.

Changing to 74880 did the trick, here's what I see

Code: [Select]
ets Jan  8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(3,6)

load 0x4010f000, len 1384, room 16
tail 8
chksum 0x2d
csum 0x2d
v0fd86a07
~ld

LordVader

• moodlite Developer
  • I find your lack of faith disturbing!
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: January 08, 2019, 10:24:20 PM
Just once or is this displayed multiple times, which would mean that the NodeMCU is in bootloop.

kellogg76

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: January 08, 2019, 10:24:57 PM
Just once or is this displayed multiple times, which would mean that the NodeMCU is in bootloop.

Just once.

LordVader

• moodlite Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: January 08, 2019, 10:28:53 PM
Perfect, that's a good sign.

I had to manually configure my network when connecting to the NodeMCU's WiFi to being able to communicate properly.
I used the IP address 192.168.100.2 with subnet mask 255.255.255.0

Maybe this is what you have to do to open the Moodlite's web page.

kellogg76

• View Profile
Reply #19 on: January 08, 2019, 10:30:38 PM
Perfect, that's a good sign.

I had to manually configure my network when connecting to the NodeMCU's WiFi to being able to communicate properly.
I used the IP address 192.168.100.2 with subnet mask 255.255.255.0

Maybe this is what you have to do to open the Moodlite's web page.

Do I edit that in the sketch?

LordVader

• moodlite Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: January 08, 2019, 10:37:41 PM
Nope, on the device which you connect to the NodeMCU's WiFi, e.g. your notebook or smart phone.

CdRsKuLL

• The Fat Dude
  • Administrator
  • Lighting the way...
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: January 08, 2019, 10:59:30 PM
I had to tun off my mobile data on my phone.. it would then connect to the moodlite ap.. so I could configure the IP. 

I've asked spigot if he can change it so we can just configure the SSID / Pass within the sketch to save all the AP hassle as I found it difficult.  Mine still falls over quite alot.. I need to update to the new version.. away with work at the mo so not had chance.

:-)

Moodlite is a completely free open source project.
If however you would like to say thanks and help contribute to this site, or just buy me a beer then please donate below. :-)

shfaxx

• View Profile
Reply #22 on: January 09, 2019, 01:36:02 AM
I had to tun off my mobile data on my phone.. it would then connect to the moodlite ap.. so I could configure the IP. 

I've asked spigot if he can change it so we can just configure the SSID / Pass within the sketch to save all the AP hassle as I found it difficult.  Mine still falls over quite alot.. I need to update to the new version.. away with work at the mo so not had chance.

:-)

Totally agree.  While the AP stuff is slick, it's a huge PITA for such a simple thing, especially when we are already in messing with the code.   This type of config is great for consumer products which are hands off.   This is surely not that. :)

kellogg76

• View Profile
Reply #23 on: January 09, 2019, 02:14:50 AM
Totally agree.  While the AP stuff is slick, it's a huge PITA for such a simple thing, especially when we are already in messing with the code.   This type of config is great for consumer products which are hands off.   This is surely not that. :)

I 100% agree, when you're editing the sketch anyway, why not just hard code the WiFi credentials while you're there instead of this rigmarole.

LordVader

• moodlite Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: January 09, 2019, 07:54:55 AM
Sure, WiFi config should be something you can configure in the sketch to make the first start more easy.
Maybe even with everything you need to configure at the very top of the sketch so that no one has to search for the places he has to do something.

But I also like the idea of being able to connect to the Moodlite as soon as your WiFi isn't working (e.g. after password change) to change its config via the webinterface.

CdRsKuLL

• The Fat Dude
  • Administrator
  • Lighting the way...
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: January 09, 2019, 10:09:10 AM
Sure, WiFi config should be something you can configure in the sketch to make the first start more easy.
Maybe even with everything you need to configure at the very top of the sketch so that no one has to search for the places he has to do something.

But I also like the idea of being able to connect to the Moodlite as soon as your WiFi isn't working (e.g. after password change) to change its config via the webinterface.

Yes, I think being able to log in and change the wifi is superb but I would just like to be able to pre-set it.. just to start with. :-)  I think Spigot is doing a fantastic job mind :-) far above and beyond what I'm capable off :-)   

Moodlite is a completely free open source project.
If however you would like to say thanks and help contribute to this site, or just buy me a beer then please donate below. :-)

LordVader

• moodlite Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: January 09, 2019, 10:12:56 AM
Sure, setting WiFi settings in the sketch should be prioritized before the AP mode.

spigot

• Global Moderator
  • There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: January 09, 2019, 06:56:11 PM
I think that the MQTT part is ready. I just want do some more testing to be sure. It's working with my external mqtt broker (mosquitto).
I want to do tests with integrated MQTT broker in HA.

For now I'm able to change:
- brightness
- speed
- pattern

Than I will try to do the static ip part to make it easier for you.

slepaq

• View Profile
Reply #28 on: January 14, 2019, 10:16:59 PM
Hello guys. I was thankfully trying the guide step by step soft upload, did every single step like it said, but in the end this happened.

Moodlite:24:25: error: ESPAsyncTCP.h: No such file or directory

#include <ESPAsyncTCP.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
ESPAsyncTCP.h: No such file or directory

I realize it misses that library, i found those files around the web, but i cannot add them for this to upload successfully, and again i just dont know what to do now <.>

shfaxx

• View Profile
Reply #29 on: January 15, 2019, 01:54:32 AM
Hello guys. I was thankfully trying the guide step by step soft upload, did every single step like it said, but in the end this happened.

Moodlite:24:25: error: ESPAsyncTCP.h: No such file or directory

#include <ESPAsyncTCP.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
ESPAsyncTCP.h: No such file or directory

I realize it misses that library, i found those files around the web, but i cannot add them for this to upload successfully, and again i just dont know what to do now <.>

I'm a newb to all this too but got it working by doing the following.  Assuming you are running windows.

After grabbing the various libraries from github (Links on the moodlite main page) I created folders for each library in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries" folder. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk