News

moodlite - Coming soon

Bandanam4n's Full Assembly - With Build Tutorial+Commentary!

Bandanam4n · 1094

Bandanam4n

• View Profile
Here's a video of my experience building it. For those who are unsure how to build it, it should be a decent starting point for wiring, assembly, and programming of the board.

Feel free to ask questions here or on youtube!

Thanks!

elporcho

• View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 02:19:05 AM
Great vid, thanks.
Dunno if I'm missing something, but a parts list would be great.  I assume it is just some wifi-enabled arduino mainboard, but for LEDs i'm not so sure.

shfaxx

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 02:23:38 AM
Great vid, thanks.
Dunno if I'm missing something, but a parts list would be great.  I assume it is just some wifi-enabled arduino mainboard, but for LEDs i'm not so sure.

Check out this Buildlog:
https://moodlite.co.uk/index.php?topic=4.0

Also be sure to read over the GitHub repository:
https://github.com/spigotx/Moodlite

Bandanam4n

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 04:36:14 AM
@elporcho -

I've also included a parts list on the video description as well now.

Bandanam4n

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 12:42:38 AM
Additional Updates on my diffusion as well as electronics!

shfaxx

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 12:56:09 AM
Iíve found, the flatter the bottom the better.  I have a post somewhere showing a completely flat bottom (I just hacked out the bump in tinkercad).  Even in your video you can see the distinct light difference right where the pyramid in the center starts.   With a completely flat bottom you don't get that drop off as much.  There is definitely room to trim more of the pyramid out.  The channels in the back for the wires are very deep and could be reduced and the bottom molded around them a bit closer.

Also have a new top printing now which raises the top a few mm (The whole light panel will now be the same height as the power box).  As you indicate in the video when you manually raising the panel appears to help diffuse the light.  Will post some pix tomorrow.

I don't know fusion 360 or anything so can't really implement but happy to test if anyone is able to modify the files. 

Interesting article talking about how the distance helps diffuse the light and why.
https://www.instructables.com/id/Diffusing-LEDs-Right/

« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 03:49:58 AM by shfaxx »

shfaxx

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 12, 2019, 08:04:00 PM
Using one LED per corner, here is the comparison between the standard top and the thicker top which I created (STL Attached).   It def helps diffuse the light more evenly across the panel.   There is another picture comparing two thick tops with the modified bottom plate, there isn't much difference, so the raising of the top panel seems to help the most.   Lastly the other two picture show the size difference between my modified panel and a standard panel and between my modified panel and the power box.

NOTE:  The Top I created, I simply stretched it vertically, would probably be good if someone properly does it up in CAD so the pins fit correctly.   It DOES work as I have it, it's just not as clean as it could be.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 08:09:42 PM by shfaxx »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk