News

moodlite - Coming soon

Small size for smaller printers (66%)

moonwiz · 1781

galorin

• View Profile
Reply #15 on: January 18, 2019, 11:26:11 AM
Attached my .step file compressed due to file size.

@galorin : Included the step file, can't say it's not a butcher job but I hope it might get you somewhere =). Haven't tried it yest (I'm at work and just exported it from fusion 360) but if there's anything else I can do please reach out.

Thanks for that!  I've just started a build log for a split large version, I may need to see if I can apply all the same principles to this reduced-size one.  Have you got STEP files for the other parts as well?  I'm keeping everything inside of Fusion 360 and uploading to Thingiverse (preserving CC license of course) for now.

moonwiz

• View Profile
Reply #16 on: January 18, 2019, 11:56:08 AM
You're welcome, the only other file that I've modified though is the top frame, added some height to it ( based on a post by shfaxx in the better diffusion thread https://moodlite.co.uk/index.php?topic=10.0 ) and added a second pair of bumps to insert a diffusion sheet at the top, but I'd be happy to share them if they're of any use =).

Playing around trying to get rid of those hotspots.  While this may not be very practical, if you separate the front and bottom plates by about 1/2", it cools things down quite a bit.

EDIT:  Check my build log, I've updated the top panel to be the same thickness as the power box which has helped the diffusion.

edit: added quote with direct link
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 11:57:56 AM by moonwiz »

sspenning

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: February 12, 2019, 08:46:06 PM
A great mod of a wonderful design!  Thank you for doing this.  I've got 10 printed mini-moodlites as a gift for my wife.  I think it's going to be a hit!

I do have one question, though.  I notice that the controller housing doesn't have slots for the connection pins.  Is that by design?

moonwiz

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: February 12, 2019, 08:55:25 PM
Thanks, I'm happy more people get to enjoy this wonderful project =)

Don't know about the housing design though, just made 'em smaller, but there is a thread here with different versions at https://moodlite.co.uk/index.php?topic=53.0  =)

sspenning

• View Profile
Reply #19 on: February 12, 2019, 08:57:17 PM
Thanks!

sspenning

• View Profile
Reply #20 on: February 25, 2019, 02:03:44 AM
The 66% design is absolutely fantastic.  I finally got a chance to put up the copy I build for my wife.  It looks great!

Thanks for the great mod!

moonwiz

• View Profile
Reply #21 on: February 25, 2019, 04:42:51 AM
That looks really nice, thanks for sharing!  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk