Total number of LEDs: 3,
Speed: 50

https://moodlite.co.uk/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile&id=4

LordVader

• moodlite Developer
  • I find your lack of faith disturbing!
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 03:49:50 PM
Thanks for that! Flashing worked like a charm!

spigot

• Global Moderator
  • There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 04:00:42 PM
You're welcome. I'm going to add Sketch for wiring as well (in my Build Log). So let me know if you understand (it's a little bit mess, because of fritzing).

Beezus

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 02:00:30 AM
So far each version has been pretty buggy. I was only ever able to get the LEDs to work once. Then after a reboot of my nodemcu they have yet to turn on again (all of the web UI things work). I only see the first LED on and it is very very faint. I have continuity through all of my connections and proper voltages.

Any thoughts on how i can start troubleshooting? This is my first time with Arduino/NodeMCU.

digitalgecko

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 03:00:11 AM
I have only used 1.1.1 so far, for some reason 1.1.2 will not download (site suddenly decides I am not logged in)

Edit: After posting this message I am now allowed to download 1.1.2 :)

From what you describe though it sounds like maybe you do not have enough power. What is the rating for the PSU you are using and how many LEDs are in the strip?

So far each version has been pretty buggy. I was only ever able to get the LEDs to work once. Then after a reboot of my nodemcu they have yet to turn on again (all of the web UI things work). I only see the first LED on and it is very very faint. I have continuity through all of my connections and proper voltages.

Any thoughts on how i can start troubleshooting? This is my first time with Arduino/NodeMCU.

Beezus

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 01:09:50 PM
How would i have enough power one minute then not enough after a reboot to not even power a single led? 6 LEDs per strip instead of 3, so 2 LEDs per corner so far.

I am using the 4A 20W adapter mentioned in the original build log. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0194B80NY/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0194B80NY&linkCode=as2&tag=do055-20&linkId=5a8e7052d12687bf2234b8be97beaf7a

fieldc1

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 11:57:44 PM
I'm also in the same boat. I am continuously able to flash 1.1.2 and connect to the moodlite wifi, but I'm not able to get into any webpages. I had one successful run where I got it connected to my wifi and was able to get the lights going. After that, I unplugged to move it and haven't had any luck since. I've tried three different NodeMCU boards, two different power supplies, different breadboards and wires, and several computers and phones to attempt connection. I have also done the bootloop reset by removing and adding the section of EEPROM code. I know it works and I was really excited when all the lights were going. For the time being I'll keep printing and wiring the lights, but I'm at a loss for what to attempt next. I'll let everyone know if anything changes.

Beezus

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 01:23:40 PM
I got my issue figured out. Connector was in the wrong way. I am not a smart man... Maybe yours is in wrong as well fieldc1?

fieldc1

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 03:52:39 PM
When you say a connector was in the wrong way do you mean positive and negative were connected to the wrong spot? I accidentally switched + and - and ended up with one fried board. Good thing I bought spares.

Beezus

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 10, 2019, 08:25:23 PM
The connector going to the first triangle of lights was upside down.

I too fried one of my boards from reversing polarity, though i plan on replacing the capacitor that it killed so that im not out of a spare.

fieldc1

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 07:08:20 PM
I don't have my connector in backwards because I haven't gotten that far in the assembly process. Right now all my electronics are hooked up to a breadboard. I know that the LEDs are plugged in the right way because they do flash when I plug in power. I know that the NodeMCU is flashed and powered correctly because the status light on it blinks and I can see that it has connected to my home network. The only thing I'm not getting is access to the control page through the IP address for the NodeMCU. Is there a port number that I need to include that I missed seeing?

spigot

• Global Moderator
  • There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 07:19:24 PM
Steps:
1. Flash SPIFFS
2. Flash ino
3. Connect with your mobile phone over wifi to Moodlite device (one of devices in your wifi list)
4. Connect to 192.168.100.250
Are those steps Ok?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk