News

moodlite - Coming soon

Change Number of LED's per tile?

theowl · 530

theowl

• View Profile
on: December 28, 2018, 05:37:42 PM
Steve - this looks like a great piece of software for the tiles, much like you I am a copy/paste programmer, wish I knew more.

If I want to add more than 3 LED's per tile, is there an easy way to change that in the current version of the software? I tried looking around the code, but couldn't quite find where the 3 per tile number was coded in.

Any help appreciated, keep up the good work!

CdRsKuLL

• The Fat Dude
  • Administrator
  • Lighting the way...
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 06:05:35 PM
I don't think you would need to alter the code. All I've done is set the number of LEDs .. so for my 16 tiles I've gone for 48. (3 each).  If you wanted say 6 then that would cover 8 tiles.

I did think about grouping the LEDs but found it looks quite nice just running as it is.. plus I thought it looked like to much of a challenge.

Happy to help if I can :-)

Steve

Moodlite is a completely free open source project.
If however you would like to say thanks and help contribute to this site, or just buy me a beer then please donate below. :-)

theowl

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 06:44:15 PM
Ahh - I thought maybe the tiles were grouped, makes sense then I'd need to only change the total number of LED's then. Thanks!

CdRsKuLL

• The Fat Dude
  • Administrator
  • Lighting the way...
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 06:50:48 PM
I think it would be nice to group them.. I don't think it would be that hard really, just alter the routine that tells which LEDs to change.  I'll have a think. :-)

Moodlite is a completely free open source project.
If however you would like to say thanks and help contribute to this site, or just buy me a beer then please donate below. :-)

Bandanam4n

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 11:06:24 PM
I was also going to work on this for my improvements to 2 LED's per tile. It would be nice to be able to update whole tiles instead of cycling through tiles as well.

shfaxx

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 01:42:44 AM
I was also going to work on this for my improvements to 2 LED's per tile. It would be nice to be able to update whole tiles instead of cycling through tiles as well.
Agree, would love to be able to set individual tiles to a single color.

Klippi

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 03, 2019, 02:32:38 PM
I think it would be nice to group them.. I don't think it would be that hard really, just alter the routine that tells which LEDs to change.  I'll have a think. :-)

Hello. has something come out regarding the grouping?

shiryou

• moodlite Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 04, 2019, 07:26:47 AM
we are working on it

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk