News

moodlite - Coming soon

Connecting to Esp8266 problem.

mannymiller · 181

mannymiller

• View Profile
on: January 26, 2019, 01:47:54 PM
Hi.. First of all thanks for a great build. The design of the 3d printed parts are amazing.  i do own the nanoloeaf setup, but the price of them is crazy. so a cheaper option is a great thing., I host a youtube channel called cine-lights its up and coming. I do alot of builds videos and share the code for others to build.  Most of my projects include the arduino uno, mega etc. a few using the teensy.  i have yet to build a project ( often requested) using the esp32 or 8266 boards. , so consider me a newbie.

i have uploaded the code with out errors, and also uploaded spiffs ?... Moodlite is visable on my wifi ( computer ) and on my phone.

Now here is my problem. connecting to it.   

Do i join the wifi connection its created ? moodlite., which i have tried to do but requests a password. i have tried moodlite, and my own wifi password each have failed.
i have tried connecting to http://192.168.100.250/ as stated in the wiki and fails, it can not be reached.

i have tried #define STATIC_IP false - true and false..

so now im stuck...

any help and advice greatly appreciated.

LordVader

• moodlite Developer
  • I find your lack of faith disturbing!
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 01:58:49 PM
Hi there!
Welcome to Moodlite :)

What device are you using to connect to the AP of the Moodlite?

mannymiller

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 02:14:24 PM
Hi LordVader. 

I have realised one silly mistake.  when connecting via my computer and it requesting a password, i missed out the "M".. i was using lower case. so i finally was greeted with the password setup page., which took a few attempts for it to stick.  another question if i may., once this has been setup.  do i still have to connect to its  wifi connection  and head to 192.168.100.250 to access the online menu ?  or am i missing something ?

thanks

manny

LordVader

• moodlite Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 26, 2019, 02:39:35 PM
Hey there,

after putting in your regular SSID and password and chose a hostname for the Moodlite, there is no need to connect to the AP of the Moodlite anymore.
Instead the Moodlite should connect to your WiFi and should be reachable from there.

mannymiller

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 02:52:03 PM
Thanks again..,  i do indeed see it on the network., and using its own  ip it connects perfectly.  Very impressed.  will throw a video together of my build to share.. hopefully may help some other out.

slepaq

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 26, 2019, 04:23:43 PM
Yes please, i had uploaded along with the instructions, i had the moodlite wifi network for some time, couldnt log in to the site, and now network vanished, reuploaded couple of times, and again nothing, im like a baby in a fog T.T

DevilsDJ

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 26, 2019, 10:24:32 PM
Hi guys , this is my first attempts at ESP8266 and at programmable boards like arduino and stuff althoghether so yeah you can imagine how I struggled . Im at the point where I see the Moodlite wifi , I connect to it , I type in my SSID and password , and set the name as Moodlite . So ....um... what now , I connect to my home wifi again and ? I know Im probably an idiot and asking something really stupid but still . How do I connect to the Moodlite trough my home wifi now ? Enter the same 192.168.100.250 just on my homw wifi or what ?

LordVader

• moodlite Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 26, 2019, 10:42:18 PM
Of course you need to use an IP address that belongs to the range of your WiFi.
First try should be http://moodlite or whatever you entered in "hostname".

DevilsDJ

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 26, 2019, 11:17:56 PM
I tried http://Moodlite but nothing happens , also I should be able to control the LED even trough the Moodlite network right , cuz when I connected the power and data pin to D6 nothing happens even if I change something on the 192.168.100.250 page .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk