PRE-RELEASE - Square moodlite shape

CdRsKuLL · 1197

CdRsKuLL

• The Fat Dude
  • Administrator
  • Lighting the way...
    • View Profile
on: January 28, 2019, 09:48:34 AM
So I've had this idea for a bit and after seeing a post by Furis I thought it's time to pull my finger out and get something done.

After a couple of hours I think we now have a square moodlite :-)

This will use the standard 4 LED's and uses the same principle as the three sided ones. Also, I've made it a similar size so you can mix and match :-)

I have not printed these out yet, that's why it's a pre-release version...  please let me know if you make one.

Thanks,

Steve

Moodlite is a completely free open source project.
If however you would like to say thanks and help contribute to this site, or just buy me a beer then please donate below. :-)

LordVader

• moodlite Developer
  • I find your lack of faith disturbing!
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 08:31:28 AM
Hi there!
Totally love this! Definitely will try those out!

What about the code? Will we take care of the different shapes? Or will we "just" stick with the number of LEDs per corner?

CdRsKuLL

• The Fat Dude
  • Administrator
  • Lighting the way...
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 08:39:23 AM
Hi there!

What about the code? Will we take care of the different shapes? Or will we "just" stick with the number of LEDs per corner?

I've been doing some thinking regarding this. I think the best way would be to set an array within the code or webapp. I think we need to do number of tiles.. and then number of LED's per tiles..  So something like.

Tiles = 7;
Tilessides(3,3,3,4,4,3,3) or something like that.. lol

I'm hoping to get some free time soon so I can have a look, that is unless Spigot codes it first.. lol

Regarding the Square tile, I printed the top off last night and I think I need to make some slight adjustments to the corners so they fit nicer to the triangle shaped ones.

Steve

If however you would like to say thanks and help contribute to this site, or just buy me a beer then please donate below. :-)

moonwiz

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 09:43:42 AM
I really like these, great job!
When you're happy with the result I'd love it if you wanted to upload the step file so I can mod it to a smaller version ;).

shiryou

• moodlite Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 10:45:22 AM
Im on it. yesterday i was testing this but nothing solid right now. Its not just about have the tile sides. we have to implement effects that uses tiles. Im thinking on add something like you said CdRsKuLL, and change the webapp to have 2 working modes. Like it is right now and a tile mode, but i have to tweak all effects to work on both modes and not every effect is going to support it.

Ill tell you something in a few days when i have something ready  ;D

Hi there!

I've been doing some thinking regarding this. I think the best way would be to set an array within the code or webapp. I think we need to do number of tiles.. and then number of LED's per tiles..  So something like.

Tiles = 7;
Tilessides(3,3,3,4,4,3,3) or something like that.. lol

I'm hoping to get some free time soon so I can have a look, that is unless Spigot codes it first.. lol

Regarding the Square tile, I printed the top off last night and I think I need to make some slight adjustments to the corners so they fit nicer to the triangle shaped ones.

Steve

CdRsKuLL

• The Fat Dude
  • Administrator
  • Lighting the way...
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 11:04:26 AM
I did play with some code a bit.. I changed the number of LED's to reflect the amount of tiles.. then I times them all by three.. (3 leds per tile in my case)

So it was something like..  it worked quite well, but not tried many patterns with it :-)
//Change tile white leds[([/size][/color]i*3)[/font][/color][/size]] = CRGB::White; leds[(i*3)+1] = leds[i*3]; leds[(i*3)+2] = leds[i*3];[/color]

shiryou

• moodlite Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 12:04:10 PM
the standard pattern is easy, but the others has some more dificulty... its a matter of time to play with the code  ;D

marky

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 10:35:13 PM
Thanks for this :D

I made a version with the frame only.

Furis

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 09, 2019, 12:03:51 PM
A little bit of feedback:

I noticed that the connectors (green lower arrow) do not fit into the square version (red arrow), as in the triangular version (upper green arrow).
(see attached image).

Thomas

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 10, 2019, 12:57:35 PM
CdRsKuLL Can you upload the CAD file project for Square frontlite and Square backlite?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk