News

moodlite - Coming soon

Flashed sketch, web interface wont save SSID/Pass?

CorneliousJD · 330

CorneliousJD

• View Profile
on: January 30, 2019, 02:31:08 AM
Hi all, I got the sketch flashed, and for some reason it seems the 192.168.100.250 info in the documentation is wrong, for some reason I can only find the web interface at 192.168.4.1 instead, so I go there, enter my home SSID, pass, and give it a hostname of "Moodlite" but when I hit submit I just get taken to 192.168.4.1/set_wifi and it says the site cannot be reached.

The moment I hit the "Set" button I see the NodeMCU board have a blue flash (as if it's resetting?) but it never saves my WiFi information and just seems to reboot and still serve the Moodlite SSID and web server on 192.168.4.1.

Any help is appreciated!

CorneliousJD

• View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 02:46:28 AM
I keep getting deeper into this on my own. I turned static IP off and re-flashed, but now I'm seeing that it's still hosting it's own SSID of "moodlite" and also connected to my WiFi - is this normal? If not how can I fix it so it stops broadcasting it's own SSID? I'd like to get rid of that, I don't want someone else connecting to it.

CdRsKuLL

• The Fat Dude
  • Administrator
  • Lighting the way...
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 10:19:29 AM
Did you set to erase eeprom etc.. but not commented it back out once done?  I did this and wondered why it wasn't saving any details.

Moodlite is a completely free open source project.
If however you would like to say thanks and help contribute to this site, or just buy me a beer then please donate below. :-)

CorneliousJD

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 04:30:27 PM
Did you set to erase eeprom etc.. but not commented it back out once done?  I did this and wondered why it wasn't saving any details.

Nope, but for good measure I just re-flashed everything.

I ereased eeprom and spiff and then re-commented both of those out, flashed again, setup and got it to connect to my home wifi, but the "Moodlite" SSID is still broadcasting with a password of Moodlite.

shiryou

• moodlite Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 05:08:49 PM
can you post the text on your debug window?

CdRsKuLL

• The Fat Dude
  • Administrator
  • Lighting the way...
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 30, 2019, 05:20:54 PM

If it's creating the access point moodlite then it's failed to connect to your home wifi. Double check the settings you have added.

If however you would like to say thanks and help contribute to this site, or just buy me a beer then please donate below. :-)

CorneliousJD

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 06:33:36 PM

If it's creating the access point moodlite then it's failed to connect to your home wifi. Double check the settings you have added.

Weird though, I can connect to it from my home WiFi just fine, I see it in my WiFi controller and it has an IP address on my network which loads the web server.

CdRsKuLL

• The Fat Dude
  • Administrator
  • Lighting the way...
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 30, 2019, 07:06:33 PM
Are you sure it's not showing an old SSID ?  Have you tried connecting to it.

CorneliousJD

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 30, 2019, 07:24:28 PM

Yep! It's both connected to my home WiFi, and still serving its own WiFi and serving the page on both the internal IP and 192.168.100.250

See attachments.

James3xyx3

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 30, 2019, 07:30:07 PM
Can anyone tell me where the erase eeprom function is? Canít seam to find it and I think thatís what I need to do. Looked through the sketch and canít locate it :(

CorneliousJD

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 30, 2019, 07:33:28 PM
Can anyone tell me where the erase eeprom function is? Canít seam to find it and I think thatís what I need to do. Looked through the sketch and canít locate it :(

Just Ctrl+F for find and type in "erase" you'll find it there. there's 2 options, one for the eeprom and one for the spiffs, after you erase it, be sure to re-flash it again with it commented back out so it doesn't erase the 2nd time.

James3xyx3

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 30, 2019, 07:36:54 PM
Thank you for the reply. I seam to be having the same sort of problems as you but canít get to the bottom of it. Not very computer minded! Thanks for your help tho

CorneliousJD

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: January 30, 2019, 08:33:05 PM

I did some more testing and something strange is still happening.

The "hostname" I set on the WiFi page ends up being turned into the SSID it broadcasts instead of being the hostname on my local network?

Very weird.

More attachments for clarification.

spigot

• Global Moderator
  • There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: February 01, 2019, 02:15:46 PM
No this is OK.

Hostname is name of your moodlite as you can in your wifi list. SSID and password is used to connect to your local wifi network (router).

CorneliousJD

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: February 01, 2019, 09:09:05 PM
No this is OK.

Hostname is name of your moodlite as you can in your wifi list. SSID and password is used to connect to your local wifi network (router).

Weird, I would think hostname would end up just being what the device hostname is on my network instead of what the broadcast network is.

Is there a way I can stop it from broadcasting entirely? Can I just clear out the hostname field in full?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk