News

moodlite - Coming soon

LED's just blinking at random very fast?

CorneliousJD · 404

CorneliousJD

• View Profile
on: January 30, 2019, 04:11:09 AM
I completed flashing the NodeMCU board, and also completed one single tile all wired up (Just don't have female servo lead attached and ran around back.

Right now I can see changing patterns/colors seem to kind of make a difference, but for the most part everything just flashes at random extremely fast with no rhyme or reason for this.

I bought the components linked in the creator's build log except I got a different power supply since that one was sold out, matched his specs though! so I'm not sure what would be different here.

I did go in and set 1 LED per corner already and 3 LEDs total since I only have one panel done, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what anything else is supposed to do since it does'nt seem to really affect much, every now and then it stops and restarts the blinking cycle?

CorneliousJD

• View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 04:31:46 PM
So I did get this fixed incase it helps anyone in the future.

I had wired up my power adapter straight into the leads but was still powering my Adruino via USB, for some reason this was causing issues like interference on the data line to the LEDs.

I was able to get it working by powering everything off of USB, and once I knew that was good I soldered it in fully as shown in the wiring diagram and that seemed to work and now I can actually see/use the patterns effectively.

shiryou

• moodlite Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 05:09:55 PM
Good to know!

thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk