News

moodlite - Coming soon

power drop ?

mannymiller · 1080

mannymiller

• View Profile
Reply #15 on: February 07, 2019, 07:53:14 PM
which board are you using ? .,.. I am quite new to the esp8266.. always used the uno and ,mega`s and even teensy... never had any issues.  i even purchased the recommended board.., and tried 2 versions of it with still no joy. The esp32 just worked.. no glitches or anything... now off to make a video of my build which i hope will help a few others, and send a few more people this way...

shiryou

• moodlite Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: February 07, 2019, 07:57:00 PM
right now im using esp8266 nodeMCU 1.0, the recommended one, i tried with esp32 too and works nicely to, but it requires to change some code.

I made some things with nano and UNO, and have a lot more of processing power than this ones (i believe), or at least the leak of having to keep a wifi connection and a web server made the lights to work better. But a lot of problems that people are talking about Spigot and me never have them and cant even replica them to try to fix the code...

mannymiller

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: February 07, 2019, 08:16:08 PM
The version i was using was from amazon : MakerHawk 2pcs ESP8266 Module ESP8266 ESP-12E Development Board ., looked very much the same as the ones that was recommended.. i used the arduino uno to check the led setup., a strand test etc.. and it worked 100%, so to me it was a data line issue... increasing the data line from 3.3v to 5v did not seem to work.. removed the interupts as that seems to cause an issue sometimes.., but still had the issue.., the original esp8266 that was recommended came back in stock so placed an order for them to see if that was the issue... just on the off chance i tried the esp32 and it worked..,

So it was a board problem.., but the voltage drop out.. it still needs  that second 5v on the last panel to get it right...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk