CdRsKuLL · 1074

CdRsKuLL

• The Fat Dude
  • Administrator
  • Lighting the way...
    • View Profile
on: February 04, 2019, 10:22:05 AM
Hey moodliter's,

I want to put together a new release of the designs and need your help :-)

Any modified files that you would like to become part of this package can you please post the STL / Step files if you have them below. It's designs that can be used by others really..

So, for example I know we have anew power module STL that allows you to use both types of NodeMCU's.. etc.

I think it's just a good way to keep all new files in one place for others to download.  A readme will be created with credits to designers too. :-)

Thanks,

Steve

Moodlite is a completely free open source project.
If however you would like to say thanks and help contribute to this site, or just buy me a beer then please donate below. :-)

LordVader

• moodlite Developer
  • I find your lack of faith disturbing!
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 11:33:50 AM
There you go ;)

Power block for larger NodeMCU - Stock cover still fits
Download: https://bit.ly/2FfwB1Y

Power block for both NodeMCU versions - Stock cover still fits
Download: https://bit.ly/2sgeyQG

Power block for Wemos without additional PCB - Stock cover still fits
Download: https://bit.ly/2TFNJkA

Slightly larger power block (bottom and top) that fits Wemos plus PCB like spigot is using
Download (untested!): https://bit.ly/2M1hB8x

DevilsDJ

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 03:12:01 PM
Well yesterday I made a new Top Tile , which is 5mm higher , I printed it and it looks amazing , alot better then the lower original one even without any aluminium or reflective foul on the inside.I will post the STL files and Step for anyone interested.

hauschka

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 09:40:09 AM
Nice!

I wanted to print the top a bit thicker and simply glue the LEDs to the bottom part of the tile (instead of the corners) but was scared that they look clunky?

Good to know that they look even better :)
Do you get any diffusion through the sides?

DevilsDJ

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 09:12:32 PM
This is the side on the photo . As much as I have noticed even the thickest parts still get diffusion . For those of you guys who want only the front part to have light I would recoment printing the bottom and a top tile {frame only } in something else then white - black would work the best and printing a diffusion palte of white pla like 0.6mm  but I havent tryed that since I dont mind the side diffusion and sonce you will have the triangles next to each other you will only see that on the end sides

Ioalby

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 07:22:42 PM
Hi all!
Sorry for my bad english, I'm Italian.
I take this post to give my contribution to the project.
I viiew this project and i made one to check the effect.
After printed one i think a modification to encrease the light distribution into t he base and this is the result.
I hope that mod on the original base like to you.

In this shot is underexposed and i put only one corner at max power.
You can view the light is distributed in the portion of the module, no shadow are present.
I used a mofied top cover posted by DevilsDJ in his post here https://moodlite.co.uk/index.php?topic=98.0.
The led are 2 each corner and i take a 100Led/meter strip.

I add a some little changes at the guide cable and lift up 5mm the led from the base and redesigned a bottom cable guide.
The stl file below i printed at 0.2mm
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 07:30:55 PM by Ioalby »

shfaxx

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 09, 2019, 12:41:02 AM
Ioalby, thanks for the mod.  Going to print one of these now, looks pretty nice.   Do you have any issues with the wires staying in the tracks underneath? 

Ioalby

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 09, 2019, 07:41:04 AM
Ioalby, thanks for the mod.  Going to print one of these now, looks pretty nice.   Do you have any issues with the wires staying in the tracks underneath?

Hello!
I had to change the tracks  bescause they created problems with the internal profile.
I have to change the depth and I have also modified the seat for the dupont connector, now they are flush with the module.

DevilsDJ

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 09, 2019, 03:38:19 PM
One more thing I did , since the price was very close I bought Y servo extensions instead of normal , this way i dont have to move the connector depending one where I connect the triangle

shfaxx

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 09, 2019, 03:57:05 PM
Oh I like the Y connector idea.   Speaking of connectors.  I printed this last night and the standard servo cables don’t fit.  Will the Y cables fit?   

DevilsDJ

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 09, 2019, 05:46:44 PM
I havent checked Ioalby's design closely , the Y ones fit the original 2nd version one  , I dont think there is any diffrence in size between the Y ones and the normal ones since its just one more female connector added.

shfaxx

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: February 09, 2019, 05:52:51 PM
I havent checked Ioalby's design closely , the Y ones fit the original 2nd version one  , I dont think there is any diffrence in size between the Y ones and the normal ones since its just one more female connector added.
ok, if they are the same, than no they will not fit loalby’s modified model. 

Ioalby

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: February 09, 2019, 06:56:48 PM
I used a standard dupont connector, it's smaller, like this:

i'm testing the top cove with a different White PLA for the top cover and the SUNLU PLA+ White is exellent because the color is a semi-trasparent WHITE and the light is great.
Look this

The central plate is a SUNLU PLA the other 2 two on the side are a TIANSE PLA.

This is my panel wiring:

the result a clean work, for the bottom i think to use a hot glue to fix in place the wire and connector.

DevilsDJ

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: February 09, 2019, 07:30:50 PM
Oooo Ioalby did what I was thinking at one point , just using the male connector and pins ,thats why the servo extenders dont work on his cuz the female connector is thicker and wider then the male one.
NOTE: Im calling them female and male connectors but actually the male on the servo extenders is the female connector and the male ones are the ones in the photo ,  the exterders are actually male to male with pins inside that bigger connector(female for the extender) that connect one male to another.

I was actually thinking of using a ribbon cable (thin and all) and some kind of thinner connector as to be able to lower the inner pyramid but so far havent figured it out.

hauschka

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: April 06, 2019, 01:49:44 PM
Hi,

Anyone interested in adding the hexagon tiles to the release files?

--> https://moodlite.co.uk/index.php?topic=134.0

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk